Learn How To
- Understand and streamline information flow within your company
- Assess your office space for efficiency
- Simplify filing procedures
- Manage paperwork according to rules that you define
- Improve data protection practices
Take a brief Self Test to see how you're doing
Office Organization and Paperwork Management
General Office Processes
- Do you have a plan for how information flows?
- Is there a “place for everything” and is “everything in its place”?
- Is there good “flow” within the office space?
- If customers enter your office space, are private and public areas clearly defined?
- Are there detailed job descriptions for all positions?
- Are there written procedures for all tasks, to maintain continuity?
- Do you routinely lose time hunting for things in the office?
- Are files purged each year so that file cabinets contain only current information?
- Do you use color coding and other visual aids to simplify filing?
- Are files containing confidential information (such as employee records) secure?
- Do you make regular backups of key files, and store them off-site?
- Are all computers and other key electronics protected by a UPS*?
- Are your confidential files password protected?
*uninterruptible power supply, also commonly called a battery backup